The theme for my project is focusing on the driving force behind why people feel the need to continue their college education. I soon realized this couldn't be accomplished by just speaking to four or five people like I originally planned. Because there's so many reasons why people might feel pressured to obtain advanced degrees, I wanted to get a lot of feedback from lots of people so I made up a survey. I did a few in-person interviews to get some deep perspectives but the survey allowed me to quickly get a broad range of answers. I emailed people who I knew planned to attend some type of grad school and asked them to pass the survey along to others and I also passed them out in my classes and at work. I used the results from that to map out my web site which focuses on money, power and self: the three biggest reasons why people feel the need to continue their education. Here was my survey:
Your help is greatly appreciated. This survey is for a project concerning people’s drive to continue their education. If any question does not pertain to you or if you do not want to answer it, skip it.
Name
Age
What are you studying at college?
When is your expected graduation date?
Do you plan to go to graduate school (includes nursing school, law school, etc…)
If so, to study what and what schools or programs are you looking at?
Why or why not are you planning to attend grad school?
What is your backup plan if something does not go according to plan?
Thank you
Jewel McFadden
Mass Communications student
JMcFad2@towson.edu
Feel free to fill it out, you might become part of my web site!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jewel,
Remember that the research posts should include information you've gathered so I can see what you're working with. This one doesn't do that.
Post a Comment