Sunday, April 6, 2008
More Research
This week for research I primarily tried to get more quotes from students about furthering their education which means I passed out more surveys and spoke to more people in person. I searched for more articles dealing with my topic that were more up-to-date. I did some modification to my web site which included updating some of the sources I used so that they were more relevant for today's times. I also went back and tried to fix some of my mistakes in module 1. For the most part that meant trying to take out the "boring" parts and some unnecessary tables. I continued to work really hard on modules 2 and 3, one night I was in MC 100 for five hours. There's always so much you can think of doing for your web site but unless you already have this html and web design thing down, this can be really challenging and EXTREMELY time consuming. Simple things such as trying to get your text to all look uniform to align correctly can take damn near an hour so it's frustrating. I've also been taking pictures to put in a slide show and for other reasons. I wanted to get a picture for each person I spoke to and make it so that when you hover over their picture you'll get a short description of them (name, age, location, major) but I realized that was just plain impossible to do because I spoke to too many people and I just don't have the time to figure out how to code all that. Instead, I now have about six or seven pictures of the people I got a lot of information from and I'm content with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment