Poetry can indeed be fun. It's not always depressing or talking about the hardships of life. Here's a perfect example. I found a site (http://www.gigglepoetry.com/poetryfun/poetryrace.html) that has poetry fun for all ages. One topic I liked in particular was the tongue twisters:
Betty Botter's Biting Beaver
Betty Botter bought a beaver.
But the beastly beaver bit her.
So she bought a biting badger.
And the badger bit the beaver.
Since the badger bit the beaver,
now the beaver will not bite her.
So 'twas better Betty Botter
bought a beaver-biting badger.
© 2002 by Bruce Lansky, reprinted from Funny Little Poems for Funny Little People, published by Meadowbrook Press.
The point is to say it as fast as you can and compare your score with friends:
How good a tongue twister are you?
40 seconds and over:
Too slow. Your grandparents could say the poem faster.
30 to 40 seconds:
Not bad. You're probably a faster talker than the President.
20 to 30 seconds:
Pretty good. You've been gifted with a fast pair of lips.
15 to 20 seconds:
Excellent. You can out talk anyone around.
14 seconds or less:
You are a tongue tying champion!
I found the site to be really fun and though I can tell it's targeted at children, I enjoyed it and I'm 20. So go ahead and try it, I got 15 seconds, yeah I'm a pro!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment